Witaj! Bienvenue! Welcome! Willkommen! Welkom! Benvenuto! Shalom! Fòonying! Vítáme tĕ! Kalōs orisate! Suswagatam! Yōkoso! Bem-vindo! Bienvenido! Marhaban! Zdravstvuyte! Ahlan wa-sahlan! Vitaju Vas!
The ISMO is a team of 12 professionals whose main responsibilities include:
- Service delivery for international students and PhD students coming to the JU
- as exchange students (in particular under the Erasmus+ programme, the International Visegrad Fund, GFPS Scientific and Cultural Association, The Polish-American Fulbright Commission, Foreign Law Schools, the Erasmus Mundus programme, bilateral agreements, The Lane Kirkland Scholarship Program, The Kosciuszko Foundation and The Central European Exchange Programme for University Studies – CEEPUS),
- within the framework of cooperation with the Bureau for Academic Recognition and International Exchange (in particular scholars assigned for one semester studies and research internships),
- upon individual student requests, beyond the scope of existing agreements on international cooperation between universities.
The ISMO provides information and administrative support in a range of issues related to the stay at the University. This includes providing credentials to UsosWeb accounts, issuance of student identity cards, preparing transcripts of records and other documents.
- Service delivery for students and PhD students who pursue their studies at the JU as holders of scholarships awarded by the Polish party, including the Stefan Banach Scholarship Programme, the Konstanty Kalinowski Scholarship Programme, The Scholarship programme for students from EU Eastern Partnership countries who pursue doctoral studies in the field of social sciences and humanities. The ISMO offers its assistance in contact with the competent institution managing the scholarship programme, as well as in dealing with dean's offices and other units of the University.
- Managing accommodation for international students in the dormitories.
- Administering loans and benefits dedicated to international students under the U.S. Department of Education's Direct Loan Program, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - Educational Benefit Programs and Canada-Ontario Integrated Students Loans.
- Giving opinions on agreements on joint doctoral assessment processes and providing information thereon.