» Information for regular students
- International students coming for regular degree studies can apply for a place in student dormitory. All applications for dormitories from students coming for regular degree studies should be filled in the USOSweb system. All students have to fill in the application. Than you should print, sign and send it to the appropriate university unit, unless you are first-year student;
- We remind first-year students that the registration in USOSweb is open in following deadlines:
- I round: from 14 of June 2017 till 25 of August 2017
- II round: from 14 of September 2017 till 25 of September 2017
- After log-in in USOSweb just click:
Students section > My studies > Applications > Dormitory application for year 2017-2018 (freshman-year foreigners only)
- In case on any questions, contact:
tel. (+48-12) 663-1146
» Information for PhD students
In the academic year 2017/2018, PhD candidates may apply for a place in the following dormitories:
- Bursa Jagiellońska
- Bydgoska B
- Bydgoska D
Places are allocated according to the Jagiellonian University's Rector's regulation concerning allocation of places in students' dormitories for PhD candidates on the basis of detailed scoring.
The application form should be submitted online in the USOSweb system(www.usosweb.uj.edu.pl). The form should be printed, signed and submitted with any additional documents to the JU's International Students Mobility Office, Gołębia 24 street, room 21 during the opening hours of the office (Mon – Tue 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM, Thu – Fri 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM).
- Application deadline:
13 June 2017 – 27 June 2017 – the first round for submitting applications for places in dormitories for persons who will have the status of a PhD candidate in the academic year 2016/2017
15 July 2017 – announcement of the results of the first round applications
29 August 2016 – 14 September 2017 – the second round for submitting applications for places in dormitories for persons who will have the status of a PhD candidate in the academic year 2016/2017
29 August 2017 – 14 September 2017 – deadline for submitting appeals to the decisions on allocation of places in students' dormitories for applicants, who submitted their applications in the first round. At the same time, it is the deadline for PhD candidates, who submitted their applications in the 1st round, to confirm the reservation of the place in dormitory.
17 September 2017 – announcement of the decisions on appeals submitted by applicants who submitted their applications in the first round
21 September 2017 – announcement of the results of the second round of applications
23 September 2017 – deadline for submitting appeals to the decisions on allocation of places in students' dormitories for applicants, who submitted their applications in the second round.
25 September 2017 – announcement of the decisions on appeals submitted by applicants who submitted their applications in the second round
15 October 2017 – deadline for submitting confirmation of acceptance for the third-cycle (doctoral) studies and for submitting confirmation of the prolongation of the third-cycle study period for PhD candidates from the preceding years.
During the academic year, places in students' dormitories are allocated in accordance with their availability.
- In case of any questions, please contact:
tel. (+48-12) 663-1146
- PhD Association:
tel. +48 506 006 086
- Cost of living in dormitory is approximately 380 PLN per person per month. A deposit of 380 PLN is obligatory paid at the beginning of stay. There are no single rooms, all rooms are two- three- or four-bed rooms, with a shared bathroom and kitchen utilities (depending on the dormitory). Rooms are alloted by the Inhabitants Council in each of the dormitories;
- There is a basic furniture in the rooms: bed, table, wardrobe, bed cover, bedside lamp. Kitchen has no dishes nor pots, usually there are no fridges. Usually there are students canteen in the dormitory building;
Bydgoska (B, C/D)
ul. Bydgoska 19, 30-056 Kraków
tel.: 12 63 87 789
ul. Reymonta 11, 30-059 Kraków
tel.: 12 37 81 300
ul. Piastowska 47, 30-067 Kraków
tel.: 12 62 23 300
Al. 3 maja 5, 30-063 Kraków
tel.: 12 62 21 100
ul. Śliska14, 30-516 Kraków
tel.: 12 65 61 266
ul. Kamionka 11, 31-586 Kraków
tel.: 12 64 16 415
- Students are not obliged to stay in the dormitory, they can stay in private accommodation. The price for renting vary depending on localization, number of inhabitants and other housing conditions between 400 - 2000 PLN;
- There are different housing agencies where students can search for private accommodation: i.e. "Bratniak" Foundation Agency of Housing and Work www.biuro.bratniak.krakow.pl or Bratnia Pomoc Akademicka (ul. Św. Anny) www.bpa.pl or students Housing Agency http://krakow.chatazaka.pl/ or other estate agencies.