Got questions?  We've got answers.  Some of the most common financial aid questions we hear are addressed here.  If yours is not, don't hesitate to call or email us.

Q: What forms and documents do I need to submit to apply for financial assistance at Jagiellonian University (JU)?

A: All students applying for financial assistance are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). In addition, students must submit signed copies of US Financial Aid Declaration and Bank Details form and other documents as requested by the Financial Aid Administrator (FAA).

Q: What are the deadlines for filling out the FAFSA?

A: To be considered for federal student aid for the 2018-2019 award year, you can complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) until midnight Central Time, June 30, 2019. Any corrections or updates must be submitted by midnight Central Time, September 15, 2019.

Q: When does my financial aid pay?

A: The payment of financial aid is called disbursement. Financial aid disburses no earlier than 10 days before the beginning of a semester, providing that all required documents are received. Please note that pursuant to federal regulations, all first-time Direct Loans borrowers' funds are subject to a 30-day delay and their loan funds will be disbursed approximately 30 days after the start of the semester.

Q: I hold passports from both the United States and Poland. Is it possible for me to enjoy the benefits of being a EU citizen but also receive federal financial aid?

A: You can apply to JU under Polish nationality, which means you are exempted from paying the tuition fee, and - at the same time - as US. citizen you are entitled to participate in Direct Loans program, so you can get funds for your costs of attendance during your study at JU. No problem at all, you don't have to declare which passport you will be using.

Q: Does JU deposit loan funds into the U.S. students USD bank accounts? Do these students need to get PLN bank accounts?

A: You don't need to get PLN bank account, however it could be quite useful while studying in Poland. Your loan funds can be transferred to your USD bank account.